All is very busy at Clark’s Harbour School. On the agenda for the week of August 18th:
· The last of the concrete will be poured this week (a special chuckle to the puppies that left their paw prints).
· The paving will be going in.
· The playground work will intensify with the arrival this week of our new equipment.
· Inside, the classrooms are ready and waiting for the teachers on September 2.
· The Library shelving goes up and the room will be readied for set up.
· The admin offices are being cleaned and are almost ready for un-packing.
· Technology has started to arrive for set up.
· The final rounds of painting, cleaning and preparing are taking place over the next two weeks.
There are still issues to work through, mainly due to the things not being shipped when we expected.
· The accessible surfacing is due now in the middle of September. As is a replacement slide for the jungle gym. But that will not prevent us from being able to use the items.
· A special large lobster trap J is in the works and will arrive when ready in September.
· The decision was made to not attempt to re-tile the hallway and old gym this summer. It just was more than could be handled. That tiling will take place in another holiday: Christmas, or March Break or next summer.
· And hopefully the new lights for my office will arrive soon….or I will bring a lamp from home. J
The school office should be functioning starting August 25th. Well, we hope to be.
On September 2nd, all staff will be back at school and unpacking boxes.
An informal drop in/visit/open house will be held on Friday afternoon September 5, with a chance for students, families and the community to finally get a look around. The “official” opening is decided by the Department of Education at a later date.
And remember Students of Clark’s Harbour Elementary start school on September 8.